Odds of Leicester winning the league were longer than Piers Morgan to be next Arsenal manager
Ladbrokes reckoned Piers Morgan taking over at Arsenal more likely to happen than Leicester City winning the Premier League at the start of the season.
The Foxes were 5000/1 before the start of the campaign, while TV personality and avid Gooner Morgan was rated 2500/1 to manage Arsenal.
At 1000/1, Sir Alex Ferguson winning Strictly Come Dancing was deemed more feasible than the title heading to the King Power Stadium, or it was a 750/1 shot David Beckham turned his hand to management as new manager of Manchester City.
Bookies all over the country face a £50 million pound bashing if Claudio Ranieri’s side go on to lift the trophy on May 15, with one Ladbrokes customer set to collect a cool £250,000 having wagered £50 on them doing so before the season started.
James Curtis of Ladbrokes said: “Leicester’s title odds have fallen quicker than Ashley Young in the box and we’re now facing a multi-million pound payout should the dream become reality.
“At 5000/1 we had already written off The Foxes’ hopes of glory, instead chalking up a Best Actor Oscar for Vinnie Jones more likely.”
Scenarios more likely than Leicester City winning the Premier League 2015/16
- Arsenal to sack Arsene Wenger and install Piers Morgan as boss – 2500/1
- David Moyes to be an X Factor judge – 2500/1
- David Cameron to become Aston Villa manager – 2500/1
- Vinnie Jones to win a Best Actor Oscar – 2500/1
- Claudio Ranieri to be next England manager – 2000/1
- Jose Mourinho to go on I’m A Celebrity – 1000/1
- Sir Alex Ferguson to win Strictly Come Dancing – 1000/1
- Adebayo Akinfenwa to win BBC sports personality of the year – 1000/1
- Hugh Hefner to admit he’s a virgin – 1000/1
- Beckham to become Man City manager – 750/1
- Tyson Fury to announce he is an atheist – 750/1
- Darts to become an Olympic sport – 750/1
- Roman Abramovich to sell Chelsea – 500/1
- Kate and William to announce they are expecting baby number 3 – 500/1
- Simon Cowell to be next Prime Minister – 500/1
- Andy Murray to name his first born Novak – 500/1
- Reggie and Bollie to win X Factor – 100/1